There is so much to do at Disney’s Aulani Resort & Spa! From amazing pools to beautiful beaches, this resort is a dream for many families – especially if you have young kids. Find out everything you need to know including our full Aulani Resort review, where to eat, things to do and our top 10 tips to do while you’re there!
The resort features a variety of activities to do including easy access to Ko’Olina Lagoon, 7 different pools & hot tub areas (some adult only), a private snorkeling experience and tons of great dining options. You can read more about the different amenities offered on our Journal Entry: Disney’s Aulani Resort – Everything You Need to Know Before You Go.
If your kids are big Disney character fans, they will love going to Aulani. While the resort has a more laid-back feel than going to a Disney Theme Park, the characters will come out to meet the kids a few times during your stay. They are usually only out for an hour or so, so if you see them, you’ll want to get in line right away. They also have the characters come out a few times a week and throw a big pool party for the kids. Or you can get a more personal experience with the characters by getting a reservation for one of the character dining experiences at the Mahakiki Buffet.
Tons of Activities
Part of what makes Aulani great is the wide variety of activities they do around the resort. They have something for everyone here. Pick up the Daily I’wa each day at the front desk (they also have the schedules on their website) to see what’s going on around the resort. Tip: Most activities require reservations in advance and do fill up quickly. Take a look at the schedule a few weeks before your trip and make advanced reservations!
A few of the activities they had going on while we were there:
- Snorkeling at Rainbow Reef
- Games and Fun at Aunties Beach House (Reservations are required and they do book up fast
- Toddler Time Splash and Play at the Beach
- Pool Parties with the Characters
- Menehune Adventure Trail
- Boogie Board, Paddle Board and Snorkel Rentals down at the beach.
- Yoga on the Beach
- Disney Movie Nights at the Beach
- Sandcastle building competitions
- Kula Wai Hydrotherapy Gardens
There is so much to do at Aulani and things are always changing, there’s no way to cover everything. But here are a few of our favorite activities and adventures around the resort to check out while you’re there! You’ll find more information about these activities over in our Journal Entry: Disney’s Aulani Resort – Everything You Need to Know Before You Go.
- Live music at night at the Oleo Room
- Campfire Stories by the Beach
- Barbeque Pit
- Ka Wa’a Lu’au
- Excursions from the Resort
- Aunties Beach House
- On-Site Car Rental Service
Read About it in the Journal
● Disney’s Aulani Resort: Everything You Need to Know Before You Go
● The Ultimate Oahu Bucket List (101 Things to do in Oahu, Hawai)
● Oahu Family Friendly Travel Guide & Itinerary
● 10 Tips for Your Dream Vacation to Disney’s Aulani